I am unbelievably excited to release Two-winged fruit’s new product – Nerolina and hemp shampoo. As with all of our products it is certified palm oil free and 100% natural.
A labour of love…
To make a shampoo that is lovely to use, genuinely palm oil free and all natural has been my biggest challenge yet in my Two-winged fruit journey. Along the way, I discovered that nearly all natural surfactants (being the key ingredient for a conventional hair shampoo) are made using palm oil.
If you’d like to read more about how palm oil sneaks into so much of our skin care products (including most shampoos), I invite you to read another blog post here.
After many months of effort in sourcing quality, palm oil free, all natural ingredients, and formulating a recipe in consultation with family and friends willing to give me critical feedback, I arrived at a product of which I am very proud. I hope you will love it!
It’s gentle on you…
Here’s how our shampoo is great for you:
- It’s made using a very gentle formula with mild natural surfactants based on Australian canola oil and coconut oil. This makes is suitable for daily use by children and grown-ups alike.
- It contains organic aloe vera and Australian grown organic hemp seed oil that will help to keep your hair strong and shiny.
- It is naturally scented with essential oils with beneficial properties, not to mention a delicious aroma. Featured are Australian bush natives Nerolina and Australian sandalwood essential oils, which are great for promoting a healthy scalp.
- For best results (and especially if your hair is more difficult to manage) I suggest following with treatment with a natural hair conditioner.
It’s great for the planet…
Our shampoo is good for the environment and communities too because it:
- is certified palm oil free by Orangutan Alliance, You can be rest assured that there is absolutely no palm oil anywhere near this shampoo, leaving the world’s beautiful rainforests unharmed.
- is packaged in a post-consumer recycled PET bottle, made locally in Australia in a carbon neutral factory. The packaging is helping fight the war on waste!
- is made from ingredients that are 100% natural, readily available (i.e. we are not using ingredients made from endangered plants), and biodegradable.
- is made using a high proportion of locally produced ingredients and in all Australian made packaging. In this way we are supporting the local farming and manufacturing industries.
- has a minimal carbon footprint due to the high quantity of Australian ingredients, all Australian packaging, and the shampoo itself being manufactured locally too.
- supports the work of our charity partners, Orangutan Foundation International Australia and Rainforest Rescue.