So, you’ve made the switch to palm oil free hair care – congratulations! Now you can feel good that you are caring for your hair and the planet.
If you’re used to mainstream shampoos, such as the type you would buy from a supermarket or hair salon, you may find that your hair takes a little while to “get used” to a completely natural product. This is because natural shampoos don’t contain harsh chemicals that strip your hair of naturally protective oils.
Please be patient, and I can assure you that you will grow to love palm oil free hair care and never look back!
Read on to find out how to get the best results from our hair care products.
Step 1: cleanse
How often you wash your hair and how much shampoo you use will depend somewhat on your hair type and length and your personal preference. Our Nerolina & Hemp Shampoo has been used with great results on all hair types, and I hope that it will be perfect for your hair too!
- Wet your hair under the shower.
- Turn the shower off.
- Put a good squirt of Nerolina & Hemp Shampoo into the palm of your hand.
- Distribute the shampoo throughout your hair.
- Using your fingers, massage the shampoo into the roots of your hair until you achieve a gentle lather. If you are used to mainstream shampoos, you will find that our shampoo takes longer to lather. Please be patient!
- Breathe in and enjoy the scents of the Australian bush!
- Rinse well.
Step 2: condition, style and protect
Our Nerolina & Hemp Hair Balm is proving to be an extremely versatile product. For my own fine, straight hair I use it as a palm oil free alternative to hair conditioner. I also love to put it on my face – the organic hemp seed oil is incredibly nourishing and healing for skin.
Some of our curly-haired customers have told me that our hair balm has replaced three products they used previously to condition and style their beautiful locks.
To condition and protect
- Wash your hair (see above), then turn off the shower.
- Pump a tiny amount of hair balm into the palm of your hand, then rub your hands together.
- Distribute the hair balm evenly over the surface of your hair, avoiding the roots.
- You can also use our hair balm to style your hair. Depending on your preference, you may wish to do this on damp or dry hair. I recommend starting with just a tiny amount and see how you go. Experiment with it to find your best result.
I would love to hear from you if you have your own tips for getting great results with Two-winged fruit hair care!